Local News Alerts:
- April 20, 2020, Governor Polis announced “Safer At Home” guidelines that requires Arma Dei Academy to remain closed through May 15. This means we will continue with our Distance Learning Program for Preschool, K-8, and Collaborative Homeschool Program for the duration of this semester.
- April 1, 2020, Governor Polis amended Executive Order 2020 007, extending the suspension of normal in-person instruction at all public and private elementary and secondary schools in the state of Colorado due to COVID-19. We are now operating under Executive Order D 2020-021, which extends all school closures through April 30, 2020. You can read the full order here. Therefore, the Distance Learning Program will continue through April 30.
- March 18, The Denver Post: Colorado orders all schools closed from March 23 to April 17 to fight coronavirus spread. Gov. Jared Polis ordered a four-week closure of all public and private schools across Colorado on Wednesday, escalating the state’s fight to limit the spread of the new coronavirus through close contact. The governor’s executive order suspends all in-person learning from Monday through April 17, and directs Colorado school and charter districts to make every effort to provide alternative learning opportunities while taking their communities’ needs into account. Continue reading.
Arma Dei Academy takes the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns very seriously, and the Leadership Team is monitoring the recommendations from the CDC and the Department of Public Health frequently to assure that we are doing all we can to protect the health of our students and employees. Effective Monday, March 23, the Arma Dei Academy campus will be closed in response to concerns about the spread of the Coronavirus through May 15, 2020.
We will continue to provide an excellent classical Christian education to our students throughout the duration of our closure by providing a variety of remote learning experiences. An overview of our Distance Learning Plan was emailed to parents on Sunday, March 22. Please visit our Distance Learning Program webpage to learn more.
As believers in Christ, we know that He is still on the throne, and we do not take precautions out of fear, but out of love for one another and our community. We err on the side of caution to help prevent the spread of this virus for those who could be greatly impacted and to lessen the impact on the community at large. We do not live in fear (2 Timothy 1:7), but we act in love (John 15:12).
It is our highest priority to keep our community informed as new information develops. In the coming weeks, parents can expect to receive communications through the following mediums:
- Student portal (Canvas)
- Weekly newsletter (schoolwide and classroom)
- Schoolwide emails
- Text message (if necessary)
- Parent Facebook group
- Arma Dei Academy’s Coronavirus webpage
Due to the rapidly evolving nature of the situation, please be patient as we disseminate information and refrain from asking questions unless critical. Urgent questions, however, should be directed to email@example.com.
What is COVID-19?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that cause respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath. These viruses spread through coughing or sneezing, much like the flu. To date, there is no vaccine for COVID-19.
What Can You Do To Stay Healthy?
Just as is recommended for other respiratory viruses, people can protect themselves and others through some simple actions. The CDC has released the following illness prevention strategies, which should be closely adhered to.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Below is a list of credible and reliable resources for you to reference for updates about the COVID-19 Pandemic:
HE Is Still On The Throne!
Philippians 4:6-7 – Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.