Teachers at Arma Dei
Your interest in Arma Dei Academy is sincerely appreciated. Leadership on the part of teachers is essential for Arma Dei Academy to carry out its mission. Our faculty is united in vision and in a spirit of grace and truth. We seek teachers who by the pattern of their lives in and out of the classroom exemplify Christ; who love and know children, and who are gifted and equipped to teach.
Arma Dei Academy was founded with a distinct vision to provide a quality education that inspires, nurtures, and equips students to live well. Teachers at Arma Dei join thousands of other classical Christian educators from around the country in their effort to produce thoughtful, articulate, and virtuous leaders for tomorrow. The course of study at Arma Dei is well-rounded, integrated, and rigorous, with classical core subjects including phonics, literature, composition, Latin, history, math and science as well as formal art and music instruction.
Our goal is to provide an excellent education founded upon a biblical worldview. We believe passionately that classical and Christian education is critical to build the kingdom of God and to develop a distinctively Christian culture within our society. We unapologetically teach the Christian worldview and strive to love and glorify God with our heart, soul, mind, and strength, bringing every thought into submission to Christ.
Arma Dei Academy does not discriminate in its employment practices against any person because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, age or qualified disability.
Come grow with us!
The academy opened with 9 students ranging from second to seventh grade, 3 full-time teachers, and 2 part-time teachers. In our 8th academic school year, we serve 254 students from 135 families. We have a close-knit community of 49 faculty and staff members. As we look toward the future, we are actively seeking godly, passionate educators across all teaching disciplines. If you desire to join the fastest growing movement in private Christian school education and have a heart to shape the next generation, please consider joining our amazing team!
Homeschool Collaborative Teachers
Grammar Teachers (K – 5th)
- Kindergarten – 5th grade
- Physical Education
Logic Teachers (6th – 8th)
After reviewing the Teacher Opportunity Profile found below, and if you desire to be considered for teaching opportunities at Arma Dei Academy, we invite you to begin the hiring process by completing and submitting the online Teacher Application.
Arma Dei Academy purposes for faculty to be professional and diligent in their work, gifted in teaching, and showing love for their students and the subjects they teach. Faculty clearly understand the application of classical Christian education within the classroom, possess a lifelong hunger to learn and grow, and have opportunity to be refreshed and renewed.
- Teachers must have received Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and seek to live a Christ-centered life. This includes being a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and action toward others.
- Teachers must believe that the Bible is God’s Word and is the standard by which faith and daily living are to be measured.
- Teachers must be in agreement with Arma Dei Academy’s Statement of Faith. A signed copy must be on file at the school.
- In order to train children in spiritual virtue, biblical character, and academic excellence, teachers must exhibit spiritual sensitivity, academic ability, and personal leadership qualities.
- It is expected that Arma Dei Academy teachers regularly attend or be a member at local church that is not antithetical to the statement of faith of Arma Dei Academy.
- Teachers must exhibit a commitment to personal and professional excellence. This includes a desire and commitment to grow in an understanding of the classical pedagogy (Trivium) and to continually pursue professional and academic development.
- It is preferred that teachers are degreed in their particular teaching fields. However, the Administration (with Board approval) may choose to modify these qualifications when circumstances warrant such consideration.
- Spiritual Leadership – Teachers are expected to consistently exhibit love, joy, peace, enthusiasm, compassion, courtesy, self-control, integrity, humility, flexibility, and spiritual maturity before students, parents, superiors, and the rest of the school. Teachers are expected to be students of the Bible and are to integrate Biblical truth into each subject. Full-time teachers will participate in morning staff devotions.
- Classroom Management/Environment– Teachers are expected to maintain a neat, organized, beautiful, clean, and stimulating classroom environment. Teachers will supervise students in cleaning and maintaining Arma Dei Academy and its classrooms. Teachers should set up manageable class routines to accomplish basic tasks, e.g., taking attendance, homework collection, daily cleaning schedules, materials storage, and distribution, etc.
- Lesson Preparation & Presentation – Teachers should have a thorough knowledge and interest in the subjects they teach.
- Student Learning – Teachers should seek to stimulate and maintain student’s interest in the material being studied. A variety of techniques (in addition to testing) should be used to measure a student’s progress. The students must also be made aware of their role in their education-to be actively and intimately involved.
- Planning and Communications – Teachers weekly lesson plans should reflect creativity and a good use of class time. All weekly lesson plans should synchronize with detailed scope and sequence provided for each teacher. It is expected that report cards will be a reflection of the teacher’s professionalism by accurately communicating a student’s performance, ability, and character. Teachers are to initiate communication with parents of their students at least twice per month. Emphasis should be placed on getting to know the families, as well as letting them know what is taking place in the class (major assignments, activities, events). Parents should feel welcome visiting and assisting in the classroom. Complete and well organized lesson plans should be prepared and maintained in a substitute teacher folder for use in case of teacher absence.
- Classical Christian Education – Arma Dei Academy emphasizes the classical model of education.
Teachers agree to participate in classical Christian education training and to utilize those techniques as deemed appropriate and necessary by Arma Dei Academy to the best of their ability. It is part of the teacher’s responsibility to inform and educate parents in the classical Christian education model as opportunities arise. A biblical world and life view should be inculcated throughout the model.
Teachers are encouraged to engage in self-study of the classics.
All teacher applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher. A strong commitment to Christ and a biblical worldview are essential for all of our teachers at Arma Dei.
- If you feel persuaded that the gifts and experience God has given you are initially a good match, we invite you to apply online.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to participate in a phone interview.
- Final candidates will be invited to participate in an interview on site at Arma Dei Academy.
Please direct any questions about the application process via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.