Statement of Faith
The Statement of Faith adopted by the Board of Directors of the corporation is limited to primary Christian doctrine, which is considered central to all Christian denominations and which sets Christianity apart from other faiths. The corporation is based on traditional Christian and Orthodox beliefs and, therefore, believes it is best for all concerned that employment and admission be open only to those who adhere to traditional Christian and Orthodox beliefs. For our purposes a Christian confesses with his mouth and believes in his heart that Jesus is LORD; He died for her/his sins, and that God raised Jesus from the dead. (Romans 10:8-10).
The Principal shall operate a school that will closely adhere to the following Statement of Faith:
- We believe the Bible alone to be the word of God, the ultimate and infallible authority for faith and practice. We believe the Bible alone to be the word of God, the authoritative and final standard for belief and conduct.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God is omnipotent; that is, He can do all things. God is omnipresent; that is, He is present to all creation and has under His immediate authority all things which are in Heaven, in the earth, and under the earth. God is omniscient; that is, He knows all things. He readily exercises His power which is present everywhere, and to Him there is nothing that is impossible or unknown, that is, He knows what has been from eternity, what now takes place everywhere, and what will be to all eternity.
- We believe that God immutably creates each person to reflect his image as male and female and that God looked at everything he had made, and he found it very good (Genesis 1:1, Genesis 1:31, Deuteronomy 6:4, John 10:30). We believe that marriage was instituted by God, is the life-long covenant between one man and one woman, and that all forms of sexual activity outside of marriage are sin (Mark 10:6-9).
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory (Matthew 1:18, John 1:29, Acts 2:22, Romans 3:24-25, Romans 8:34, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Ephesians 1:20, 1 Peter 1:3, 1 Peter 1:19-20, Revelation 1:5-7).
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary (John 3:3-8).
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone and not by works (of any kind) that no one may boast (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- We believe that faith without works is dead (James 2:17).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, and the gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12), by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Galatians 5:16).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation and separation from God (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, 2 Thessalonians 1:9). We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (John 17:20-23).
- The above are the foundational beliefs upon which the school is based. They are the key elements of Christianity and will be unapologetically taught in various ways through all grade levels. All Directors serving on the Board and school staff must subscribe to these foundational principles. This Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible word of God, speaks with final authority, concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of all mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For the purpose of school doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, the Board of Directors is the school’s final interpretative authority on the Bible’s meaning and application (2 Timothy 3:16).