Arma Dei is Latin for Armor of God. When Arma Dei Academy was established seven years ago, the name was intentionally chosen. It serves as a daily reminder that the LORD equips us to live the life he has called us to. We all need protection, both physically and spiritually. As humans, we tend to rely on what is seen and what we can control for our protection. However, scripture tells us in 2 Corinthians 5:7 that “we walk by faith, not by sight.”
If we want to be protected and equipped to withstand the temptations and attacks we will face in this world, we must be prepared.
- Know the enemy: Many times we lose sight and don’t realize and understand that we need to prepare for things we do not see. Our enemy is the same enemy that deceived Adam and Eve in the garden and tempted Jesus in the desert. Be alert! (1 Peter 5:8)
- Put on the proper armor: The proper armor is not what the world tells us will save and protect us. It is not money, accomplishment, intelligence, or the newest and greatest gadget or trend. Ephesians 6:10-20 outlines the armor needed for protection and to “withstand in the evil day.” (vs. 13)
- Buckle up! Nothing can be accomplished without a belt – the Belt of Truth. You cannot be properly protected if you do not know the TRUTH, which can only be found in Jesus Christ. (John 14:6)
- Take up your shield: It is by grace through faith we are saved, not ourselves. (Ephesians 2:8). Faith is an unshakable belief in the promises of God. Faith enables us to overcome the attacks of the enemy. (Ephesians 6:16)
- Pick up your sword: Jesus demonstrated the power of the word of God while being tempted in the desert. We, too, have that power when we pick up the Sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. (Hebrews 4:12)
Are you equipped? Put on the full Armor of God (Ephesians 6: 10-20).